Private Bus Service 2022-2023
The following is a summary of the proposed bus service for the 2022-2023 school year. We will determine the exact times, and stops based on the demand for this service. The routes, vehicle size, and costs associated are based on the number of students who register for the program. Morning departure from the first stop is around 6:20 a.m. with an arrival time of about 7:20 a.m. to Malden Catholic. Our Transportation provider is currently working with limited vehicles and drivers so all routes are subject to change. The proposed routes are listed below.
- Van Route (A):
Depart from Wilmington TBA
Depart from Burlington TBA
Depart from Arlington TBA
Arrive at Malden Catholic
- Bus Route (B):
Depart from Wakefield TBA
Depart from Stoneham TBA
Depart from Woburn TBA
Depart from Medford Stop 1 TBA
Depart from Medford Stop 2 TBA
Arrive at Malden Catholic
- Van Route (C):
Depart from Danvers TBA
Depart from Lynnfield TBA
Depart from Saugus TBA
- Route (S)
Shuttle run from Malden Station TBA
Departing Routes: The afternoon school buses will leave Malden Catholic at 5:15 p.m. The routes will run in reverse from the morning schedule
Please note that the bus schedule does not change for early dismissals or late starts. The only time we alter the schedule is for finals week. So a snow delay would only be for school hours, the buses will still run on normal schedules, there will be people at the school when the buses arrive.
The proposed cost of the private service is as follows: (subject to change based on registrations)
- $1500.00 per student for the full year, round trip
- $750.00 per student for the full year, morning only ($375.00 per semester)
- $750.00 per student for the full year, afternoon only ($375.00 per semester)
Malden Catholic covers over 50% of the costs to run this program.
It is offered on a first-come, first-serve basis.
There are several MBTA buses that pass within easy walking distance of Malden Catholic High School. Please see www.mbta.com for complete route information.
- Take a Linden or Maplewood bus (106, 108, 411) to Maplewood Square (ask driver) and walk down Maplewood Street to Malden Catholic (five minute walk from bus stop).
- Take the bus marked 109 Linden Square via Broadway Plaza. Get off the bus at Broadway Plaza. Walk through the plaza by the Supermarket. Malden Catholic is in the back of the row of stores straight ahead.
· MBTA S-Cards – This year MC will offer MBTA S-Cards for students. Students can add value to S-Cards for reduced fares on buses and trains, purchase a $30 monthly pass for unlimited travel on the subway and buses, or purchase Commuter Rail tickets for 50% of the standard fare. MBTA S-Cards are valid from September 1 – August 31. If you would like to obtain an S-Card, please email Mrs. Moccia at firstname.lastname@example.org. The card will be activated and ready for pick up at the front desk from Ms. Tracy within 48 hours of your request. No money is collected at MC for MBTA S-Cards. Instructions on how to load money onto the S-Card will be included with your activated card.
Malden Catholic offers a free shuttle service from Malden Center Station every morning. Malden Station is a stop on both the orange line and the Haverhill Commuter Rail line. Towns served by this free shuttle are Malden, Medford, Boston, Charlestown, Reading, Andover, Wilmington, Somerville and Wakefield. The shuttle departs from Malden Station at 7:10 a.m. There is no charge for shuttle riders.