Private Bus Service
The following is a summary of the bus service we offer. We will determine the exact times, and stops based on the demand for this service. The routes, vehicle size, and costs associated are based on the number of students who register for the program. Morning departure from the first stop is around 6:30 a.m. with an arrival time of about 7:15 a.m. to Malden Catholic. The current routes are listed below. Current families are able to register through FamilyID.
- Route A - Towns Serving: Beverly, Danvers, Gloucester, Ipswich, Lynnfield, Middleton, Peabody, Rowley, Saugus, Topsfield, Wakefield
6:10 a.m. Depart from Applebee's Restaurant, Liberty Tree Mall, Danvers
6:30 a.m. Depart from 17 Grove Street, Lynnfield (OLA)
6:45 a.m. Depart from the Entrance of the Square One Mall in Saugus
7:00 a.m. Arrive at Malden Catholic
- Route B - Towns Serving: Arlington, Bedford, Burlington, Billerica, Reading, Stoneham, Tewksbury, Waltham, Wilmington, Winchester, Woburn
6:00 a.m. Depart from the Burlington Mall (in front of Nordstrom)
6:15 a.m. Depart from mini-mall at the intersection of Route 38 and 129 (35 Lowell Street, Wilmington)
6:30 a.m. Depart from 36 Montvale Ave. (at the overhang) in Woburn
6:45 a.m. Depart Emerson Street, Stoneham ( by Town Hall )
7:10 a.m. Arrive at Malden Catholic
- Route C - Towns Serving: Arlington, Cambridge, Malden, Medford, Somerville
6:35 a.m. Depart from Arlington Heights Water Tower
6:50 a.m. Depart from West Medford Station (Dunkin Donuts) (Lowell Line)
7:30 a.m. Arrive at Malden Catholic
- Route D - Towns Serving: Swampscott, Salem, Lynn, Saugus
6:05 a.m. Depart from Stop & Stop, 450 Paradise Rd., Swampscott
6:20 a.m. Depart from 103 Fayette St., Lynn (old 7-11 parking lot)
6:30 a.m. Depart from McDonald's, 60 Boston St., Lynn
6:45 a.m. Depart from Kane's Donuts, 120 Lincoln Ave., Saugus
7:10 a.m. Arrive at Malden Catholic
Departing Routes: The afternoon school buses will leave Malden Catholic at 5:15 p.m. The routes will run in reverse from the morning schedule
Please note that the bus schedule does not change for early dismissals or late starts. The only time we alter the schedule is for finals week. So a snow delay would only be for school hours, the buses will still run on normal schedules, there will be people at the school when the buses arrive.
The cost of the private service is as follows:
- $1200.00 per student for the full year, round trip
- $600.00 per student for the full year, morning only ($300.00 per semester)
- $600.00 per student for the full year, afternoon only ($300.00 per semester)
It is offered on a first-come, first-serve basis. Make checks payable to Malden Catholic High School.
There are several MBTA buses that pass within easy walking distance of Malden Catholic High School. Please see www.mbta.com for complete route information.
- Take a Linden or Maplewood bus (106, 108, 411) to Maplewood Square (ask driver) and walk down Maplewood Street to Malden Catholic (five minute walk from bus stop).
- Take the bus marked 109 Linden Square via Broadway Plaza. Get off the bus at Broadway Plaza. Walk through the plaza by the Supermarket. Malden Catholic is in the back of the row of stores straight ahead.
Malden Catholic offers discount student MBTA passes for $30 a month.
Malden Catholic offers a free shuttle service from Malden Center Station every morning. Malden Station is a stop on both the orange line and the Haverhill Commuter Rail line. Towns served by this free shuttle are Malden, Medford, Boston, Charlestown, Reading, Andover, Wilmington, Somerville and Wakefield. The shuttle departs from Malden Station at 7:15 a.m. There is no charge for shuttle riders.