Thursday - May 28, 2020
- Campus Ministry Morning Prayer: Thank you to Campus Ministers, Ms. Foley and Dr. Baccari, for providing us with daily prayers Monday through Thursday. Click here for today’s prayer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-zzoA66v0c (Note for teachers: If you are having trouble opening the prayer, please check the 2 boxes at the bottom of the screen to optimize sound and quality before sharing on your screen.)
- Friday Funday – Share Your Last Picture at MC Before Quarantine: This week’s Friday Funday Photo Contest is a throwback to the days before quarantine. Send us one of your MC photos in or around school to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, May 29 at noon. The photos will be featured on our Friday Funday page on the website, and the winner will receive an Amazon gift card!
- Grammar Textbook Reminder to All Students: Please do not sell your grammar textbooks. You will need them through your senior year.
- Vocabulary Workbook Reminder to All Current Freshmen and Juniors: Do not sell or discard your vocabulary workbooks. Freshman will need Vocabulary Workbooks through sophomore year and juniors will need them through senior year.
- Vocabulary Workbook Reminder to All Current Sophomores: You may discard your vocabulary workbook as you will need to purchase new books for your junior/senior years.
- All current sophomores: All current sophomores who have either registered or are planning on taking AP English Language & Composition as juniors should email Mr. Murray to receive the ZOOM link for next week’s informational meeting.
- Bridge Week: From June 1-4, at teacher discretion, students will have opportunities to pass in some late or missing work for partial credit. Please discuss those options with your teachers.
- AP Summer Work: If you are taking an AP Class next year, be aware that summer work is expected. Teachers will be contacting students directly about the summer work. Please check your emails and listen for important updates.
- Summer Reading: Friday, May 29, students will be receiving an email with the summer reading list and descriptions. Students will need to choose a book from the list. The SignUpGenius link/form will open at noon on Monday, June 1. The book selection will be on a first-come, first-served basis, so please make sure you sign up for the book you want to read before the spots fill up. If you do not sign up for a book, you will be assigned one and notified via email.
- Girls Awards Night: The Girls Awards Night will be held on June 3 at 4 PM. Please mark your calendars for this fun event.
- Boys Awards Night: The Boys Awards Night will be held on June 4 at 4 PM. Please mark your calendars for this fun event.
- 9th Grade Girls Hang Out: Student Council will be hosting a 9th Grade Girls Hang Out on Thursday, May 28th at 3:30 PM on Zoom for some fun games. Zoom login information will be emailed to you as well as posted on Ms. Foley’s Google Classroom.
- Dance Company: Dance Company will meet this Friday at 11:00 AM via Zoom. Please check the Google Classroom for Ms. Ferreira’s room code.
- Book Rentals - Book Buyback or Book Rental Return: If you have rented a textbook, please note that they should be returned soon. Please visit the Follett website to request free shipping labels. The books should be mailed back on time to avoid late fees. There is no cost for students to return the books.
- MC ComiCon Zoom Meeting: If anyone is interested in joining a MC ComiCon Zoom Meeting, it will be held on Thursdays at 3:00 PM. Email Mr. Casey with any questions. https://maldencatholic.zoom.us/j/99442288060?pwd=SEJPUUtFSjRacWNRd3lqVU5ISndKdz09
- Campus Ministry: Please email Campus Ministry at email@example.com for invitations to the following events:
1. Faculty and Staff Prayer Service- On Thursday, May 28 Campus Ministry will host a Faculty and Staff Prayer Service at 7:45 AM. Use this Zoom link to join: https://maldencatholic.zoom.us/j/98127155425?pwd=OVAxQ0cwRFAyRUExS0JMKzl5K0Rudz09
Meeting ID: 981 2715 5425