Friday, February 15, 2019
School for Boys:
- There are still some openings for anyone interested in going on a Habitat build this February break. There is a build on Tuesday, February 19th and one on Thursday, February 21st. A van will leave MC by 7:30 A.M. and return by 4:30 P.M. Please contact Nick Scarpello or Ms. Lynch-Galvin if you are interested.
- If you have signed up for one of the habitat builds, please make sure to get a permission slip from Ms. Lynch-Galvin today.
- There will be open gym for baseball next Wednesday and Thursday from 10:00 A.M. -12:00 P.M. Please see Coach Pinabell if you have any questions.
- Attention Seniors: Senior Class Meeting will not take place today.
- All seniors who have not been fitted for their graduation tuxedo must report to the cafeteria during activity period.
School for Girls:
- The School for Girls will be attending a Jobel performance at Northeastern on February 21st. Please see Ms. Rodriguez if interested. Need to be at school at 6:00 P.M. and will return by 10:00 P.M. Ms. Cenca will chaperone. Dress is casual.
- Mock Trial will practice tomorrow (Saturday) from 9:30 A.M. - 1:30 P.M. and on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday from 3:00 P.M. - 5:00 P.M. Members are asked to make every effort to attend.
- Anyone with family members ages 7-12 are welcome to attend “Kickball for All”, which will take place at Malden Catholic from 11:00 A.M. - 1:00 P.M. Saturday, February 16th. Please see Mr. Dujardin if your family plans to attend. If you have signed up to volunteer, please check in with Mr. Dujardin by 10:15 A.M.
This February break is a great chance to catch up on service hours. Please stop by Campus Ministry or check your email for service opportunities. Have a safe and restful break.
New ongoing service opportunity:
One hour or more, once a week, or every day-Tutor young students at Housing Families, 354 Cross St., Malden. Jamie Saropoulos, 781-333-2289 x203 email@example.com
- The MC Book Club will meet on Tuesday, February 26th at 6:30 P.M. to discuss Anthony Horowitz’s Magpie Murders. March’s meeting is Tuesday, March 19th at 6:30 P.M. (tentative date) for book choice The Keeper of Lost Things by Ruth Hogan. April and May book selections, respectively, are: The Orchardist by Amanda Coplin, and Station Eleven by Emily St. John Mandel. Meetings are in the Hospitality Suite on the second floor. All are welcome!
- All Mothers, Grandmothers and Aunties are welcome to come and pray for our kids on Thursday mornings at 7:00 A.M. in the Hospitality Suite, located on the 2nd floor of the school.