Thursday - December 5, 2019
- Dr. Baccari needs any available Lancers in Action to help bring the boxes of food collected during the Thanksgiving Food Drive from the Campus Ministry office and place them at the bottom of the steps. The folks from Bread of Life will arrive at the end of school to pick up the items.
- A representative from St. Francis Xavier College will be in school counseling this Friday, December 6th for any student interested in learning more about their college and programs.
- All Seniors who have applied to colleges need to inform their school counselors if they have been accepted to a college or university and they need to update their Naviance accounts.
- Tryouts for Winter Game Day Cheer will be on Tuesday, December 10th at 5:45pm in the Cafeteria.
- There will be a meeting on Thursday, December 12th at 2:45 in room 141 for all girls interested in playing lacrosse. Please see Mrs. Dupont with any questions.
There will be a mandatory Sophomore Winter Term Presentation in the Hub on Dec. 11th. This is a club day. Do not go to clubs on this day - report to the hub for an informational meeting.
All students grade 9 and 10 will not be able to pass through the corridor near Room 141 on Dec. 11th as the presentation screen will be up and blocking the passage way. Please pass through the library if you need to enter the MPR or enter the Hub on Dec. 11th.
Attention Girls interested in learning about careers in business and finance. Ropes Wealth Management would like to host a group of 10-15 girls who are interested in learning more about this fieldtrip. This is a very prestigious branch of the Ropes and Gray Firm. They ran this program for Fontbonne High School in the past and it was extremely successful and well received by the students. I am looking for very mature and interested girls to represent the school on this field trip. This will be an impressive piece to add to your resume. You would not miss practice. We would return before the end of the school day. Please sign up with Ms. Moccia and fill out a permission slip. This is a first come first served trip, however, I reserve the right to disallow any girl if her grades are not in good standing as this will mean missing classes.
- Attention Sophomore Girls: A survey about Winter Term has been emailed to you. Please complete survey and rank your social justice topic for Winter Term. Any questions, please email Mrs. Mustone at email@example.com.
The chess team should report to 224 after school for our match against Rockport.
Anyone who accepted an article for the Crystal 99 should submit their article by this Monday, December 9. Additionally, there will be a brief meeting for Crystal 99 editors and assistant editors after school on Friday in the Learning Commons conference room. Please see Mr. Cleary with any questions.
The National Classical Etymology Exam will be held this Monday, December 9th during study period in Room 127. Only those who have already signed up will take it. Please see Mr. Kissel with questions.
- Any student, faculty, or staff who has not had their photo ID taken MUST do so today. Photos will be taken in front of the auditorium from 10:30am-12:00pm.
- TAG DAY: There will be a tag day this Friday to kick off the Lancer Santa Toy Drive. Please hand in your $5 during Homeroom.
- The gym is closed to open gym after school. It is open only to those trying out for basketball or on the school basketball team.
- Christmas tree decorating for the Boys School (foyer) and Girls School (Learning Commons) is rescheduled for today after school at 2:30pm.
- Candy Gram: Send a Christmas Candy to a friend for $1.00. Purchase your candy gram at lunch or before school. Candy Grams will be delivered to students during homeroom on the last day of school before Christmas break. All proceeds go to Make-A-Wish.
Students participating in the STEM Fair must check into Google classroom daily for important messages and announcements.
- Toy Drive: This week begins the annual MC Toy Drive. Please bring an unwrappped toy for a child to your Homeroom by Monday, December 16th. The Toy Drive will benefit the ‘Department of Children and Families Kids Fund for Holiday Toys’. This is a great opportunity to remember the true spirit of Christmas and show your generosity toward others. This is a great opportunity to remember the true spirit of Christmas and show your generosity toward others.
- Christmas in the City: This is an extraordinary event at the Boston Convention Center to create the magic of Christmas for over 6,000 homeless families in the Boston area. We are able to bring two groups of volunteers this year. Please get a permission slip for these events at the front desk. First returned permission slips will reserve your spot until spots are filled.
- Saturday, December 21st- 11:30-2:30: This opportunity is for volunteers of all ages. Volunteers will pack backpacks with toys and clothes getting ready for the event on Sunday. There are 10 spots available for student volunteers.
- Sunday, December 22nd- 1:30-6:30pm: This event is for volunteers age 16 and older. Volunteers will greet families at the Christmas extravaganza. There are 9 spots available for volunteers.