Malden Catholic’s Capital Campaign Enters Next Phase: Champion’s Challenge
Building on the great success of Phase I of The Essential Malden Catholic Campaign, Phase II - Champion’s Challenge seeks to unite the entire Malden Catholic community to make a real difference for the students of today and tomorrow. Let’s join together and make it everyone’s priority to strengthen and enhance the MC experience and to secure Malden Catholic’s standing among the leading all-male, Catholic college preparatory school near Boston.
Nearly $15 million has been raised, achieving our initial goal. We are confident a new campaign goal of $20 million is attainable.
The Campaign so far has achieved:
- Renovations to the learning commons, science center and art room.
- Infrastructure upgrades to technology and HVAC, bringing the school into the 21st century.
- New turf on the Donovan Field as well a new track, in addition to improvements on the other athletic fields and in classrooms.
- A $7 million joint venture with the City of Malden that offers a state-of-the-art, multi-sports turf field and tennis courts at South Broadway Park.
- Part one of upgrading the academic lockers (lockers that had been original to the Crystal Street building – here since 1968!).
- A complete renovation of the main athletics locker room.
- Our 47 year old roof has been replaced and has been complemented with solar panels, generating significant energy savings!
The Essential Malden Catholic Campaign has afforded students and faculty greater resources than ever before. “The Joseph J. O’Donnell ’62 Learning Commons has provided students with a warm and welcoming environment with the best tools and resources to encourage them to think critically and inspire a love of learning in an academically diverse community,” said Malden Catholic librarian Karen Davidson-Heller. “This can be seen by many classes that came to the commons last year to use print and online resources. Students love the new learning commons because it provides an engaging space for them to focus, work, and learn. Students work individually but also benefit from working together on projects in our new community rooms, which are very popular.”
Malden Catholic students have also enjoyed the new O’Donnell Science Center over the past school year. “My new science classroom is better than any conventional classroom because it has the space and flexibility to quickly convert into an experimental laboratory,” said science teacher Craig Schneider. “You can’t learn physics without doing physics, and the new space allows students to be more hands-on.”
Malden Catholic is eternally grateful to the commitment of our community who have supported this campaign and will help us reach our goal of $20 million to ensure and preserve Malden Catholic for young men of today and tomorrow.
For information on how you can support The Essential Malden Catholic Campaign please contact Mr. Robert McCarthy, Director of Institutional Advancement at 781-475-5333 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Gifts can be made on a schedule that best suits your needs: make a one-time donation or choose a convenient payment plan. Please complete the form below if you would like to make your gift now: