International Students Are Welcome at Malden Catholic
Malden Catholic is SEVIS approved and is proud to welcome international students. Students have come to Malden Catholic from the People's Republic of China, South Korea, Viet Nam, Europe and Russia.
International Student Tuition for the 2017-2018 school year has been set by our Board of Trustees at $22,500. Malden Catholic is an all-male day school. We do not provide boarding facilities. International students at Malden Catholic often use agency services for host family arrangements and guardianship in the United States. Students must apply through an approved agency (see list of agencies here) or have a family member living in the Boston area.
Students who enroll at Malden Catholic with agency representation are required to remain with that agency throughout their education at Malden Catholic High School.
If you are an international student or parent interested in learning more about academic excellence at Malden Catholic High School, please contact Mr. Matthew O'Neil '99, Director of Admissions, at email@example.com
To be considered for application to Malden Catholic, international students must:
- Be academically qualified. An inability to speak functional English will prohibit a student’s attendance.
- Submit results of the IELTS or TOEFL Internet-based Test (Test of English as a Foreign Language). Malden Catholic High School is school code 2065 for the TOEFL. For information on the TOEFL IBT, click here.
- Have completed the equivalent of 8th, 9th or 10th grade.
- Have representation by an Agent, Host Family or guardian in the Boston-area who, upon acceptance, will accompany the student to an interview at Malden Catholic during the required International Orientation in August. (Click here for a list of approved agencies.)
- Students who enroll at Malden Catholic with agency representation are required to remain with that agency throughout their education at Malden Catholic High School.
- Submit a Student Information Form, including the Family Name, Address and Telephone Number where the student will reside while attending Malden Catholic.
- Submit proof of satisfactory completion of work in the candidate’s previous school.
- Include a transcript and a copy of the most recent report card.
- Provide letters of recommendation from an English teacher and from a Mathematics teacher.
- Submit a copy of applicant’s birth certificate.
- Provide record of eighth grade graduation or completion of the previous school year.
- Submit a recent physical form or health record, including immunizations and results of a TB test.
- Provide a copy of Passport/Visa.
Deadlines and Dates:
- Applications for September entrance are due by May 1; applications for January entrance are due by October 30
- Tuition for the 2017-2018 school year is $22,500. Malden Catholic does not pro-rate tuition; all students pay the full tuition, regardless of when they enroll.
- Accepted students must submit the Enrollment Contract; $1,500 non-refundable registration fee; and Student Information Form
- I-20s will be issued upon payment of enrollment deposit
- Late August (TBD) – Mandatory International Student Orientation
Contact Mr. Matthew O'Neil, Director of Admissions, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 781-475-5308.