How To Apply For Freshman Admission To MC
The following must be completed to be considered for admission at Malden Catholic:
1. Complete and submit an application for admissions:
December 15 is the deadline for priority application. We encourage applications after the December deadline to be considered on a rolling basis. Please call the admissions office with any questions at 781-475-5308. Mailing address is: Malden Catholic High School Admissions Department 99 Crystal Street Malden, MA 02148
2. Complete the Archdiocesan Entrance Exam:
Test Dates: October 28, November 18 or December 2, 2017
- You may take the exam at Malden Catholic -- Register online here (Registration will open this Fall) -- Plan to have your test results sent to all schools to which you apply
- The exam fee is $30, payable to the school where you will take the exam
- Exam results will be sent to your home by the testing company
Simply taking the Entrance Exam does not mean that you have applied to Malden Catholic (You must also complete the online application as indicated above.)
3. Complete and submit the Transcript Record Form:
Bring the form to your current teacher, principal or guidance counselor:
- The reverse side of form must be filled out completely and signed by your parent
- The person filling out the form will mail it to Malden Catholic
4. Submit two letters of recommendation:
- One from your 7th grade English or Math teacher
- One from your school Principal or other administrator.
5. Contact MC Admissions to arrange an interview:
Parents and students should call to schedule interviews. We encourage our applicants to spend a school day with us as part of our Shadow Program. These students who do spend a day with us will have their interviews while they are at Malden Catholic and do not need to schedule it on a separate date.
6. For parents who need assistance with paying tuition, please inquire about financial aid at 781-475-5330.