To be considered for application to Malden Catholic, international students must:
- Be academically qualified. An inability to speak functional English will prohibit a student’s attendance.
- Submit results of the IELTS or TOEFL Internet-based Test (Test of English as a Foreign Language). Malden Catholic High School is school code 2065 for the TOEFL. For information on the TOEFL IBT, click here.
- Have completed the equivalent of 8th, 9th or 10th grade.
- Have representation by an Agent, Host Family or guardian in the Boston-area who, upon acceptance, will accompany the student to an interview at Malden Catholic during the required International Orientation in August. (Click here for a list of approved agencies.)
- Students who enroll at Malden Catholic with agency representation are required to remain with that agency throughout their education at Malden Catholic High School.
- Submit a Student Information Form, including the Family Name, Address and Telephone Number where the student will reside while attending Malden Catholic.
- Submit proof of satisfactory completion of work in the candidate’s previous school.
- Include a transcript and a copy of the most recent report card.
- Provide letters of recommendation from an English teacher and from a Mathematics teacher.
- Submit a copy of applicant’s birth certificate.
- Provide record of eighth grade graduation or completion of the previous school year.
- Submit a recent physical form or health record, including immunizations and results of a TB test.
- Provide a copy of Passport/Visa.
Deadlines and Dates:
- Applications for September entrance are due by May 1; applications for January entrance are due by October 30
- Tuition for the 2017-2018 school year is $22,500. Malden Catholic does not pro-rate tuition; all students pay the full tuition, regardless of when they enroll.
- Accepted students must submit the Enrollment Contract; $1,500 non-refundable registration fee; and Student Information Form
- I-20s will be issued upon payment of enrollment deposit
- Late August (TBD) – Mandatory International Student Orientation
Contact Mr. Matthew O'Neil, Director of Admissions, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 781-475-5308.