Liturgy and Prayer
An intrgral part of our student delevopment takes part within the many aspects of faith formation: worship and liturgy, music ministry, prayers services, weekly Rosary, retreats, Christian service, daily Lenten and Advent services, liturgical minister training, training of retreat leaders, and Lancer Spirit Life.
You are invited to use this Prayer Page to send prayer intentions for your family and friends. These intentions are offered each week at our weekly Wednesday Rosary, Masses held during the school year, and other prayer services and retreats.
Submit a prayer request by clicking here.
- Planning prayer services and school-wide liturgies that are meaningful and participatory.
- Day of Reflection for Cheverus School 7th and 8th graders.
- Lancer Spirit Life-monthly supper, prayer, reflection.
- Communion Services before school offered several times during the year.
- Eucharistic Minister training and Commissioning Service for Eucharistic Ministers during Lent each year.
- Planning and offering retreats that encourage students to come to a greater knowledge of God, themselves, the needy and one another. Assisted by various members of the community.
- Coordinating clothing, blanket, toy, baby clothing and food drives that encourage students to raise awareness and benefit those in need.
- Candy sales to benefit the Xaverian School in Haiti and Africa
- Organizing and facilitating the Christian service program which enables students to serve those in need and call to mind God’s presence through helping others.
- Sponsoring and organizing benefit dinners that build community and benefit the needy.
- Running service trips that raise awareness and build community.
- A bi-monthly presence at St. Paul’s Supper Club and helping to prepare, serve and clean up after a meal for the poor and needy in the Malden Community.
- Offering a spiritual presence to members of the MC community during their time of loss.
- Working with “Lancers in Action” to offer events, programs and activities that work to improve the school community.
- Meeting daily with members of the Campus Ministry department to plan activities and pray together.
- Leading the Rosary in the chapel every Wednesday morning before school.
- Living Stations of the Cross every Thursday in Lent
- Blessing of Athletes-each sport, each season. (Mr. Patrick Driscoll Athletic Director)
- Listening and responding to needs as they arise in the MC community in a prayerful manner.