The Physical Education Department fosters physical fitness and promotes healthy life skills in a safe, student-centered environment. Specifically:
- Students will select and apply rules, routines and procedures of safety in a variety of activities from all movement categories.
- Students will apply the principles of mechanics to improve performance in game skills.
- Students will demonstrate positive behaviors that indicate self-respect and self-confidence while participating in physical activity.
- Students will plan and participate in personal fitness and activity programs, using the principles of weight training.
- Students will demonstrate appropriate social behaviors while working cooperatively in group activities.
Skill development and progression to team sport participation are at the core of the teaching methodologies. The Physical Education department introduces skills and drills to start each new cycle. Individual skills, then, are honed and implemented into a team format.