Mission & Objectives
Malden Catholic High School, a private Catholic school sponsored by the Xaverian Brothers, creates a community of faith that promotes the dignity and respects the diversity of all through Gospel values and an environment that fosters the love of God, of self and of others. Dedicated to the spiritual, intellectual, creative, social, and physical development of its young men, Malden Catholic offers a rigorous college-preparatory curriculum, sensitive to individual needs. It prepares students for life in a Catholic, familial atmosphere.
- To teach and foster the principles of Catholic life in faith, morals, tradition and practice.
- To help the student understand his relationship to God and to others and to understand his own worth and that of others before God.
- To encourage respect for oneself, mutual respect, and responsibility among members of the entire community.
- To offer personal and communal experiences in prayer, the sacraments, and service to others.
- To stimulate personal development by promoting students’ emotional and physical well-being.
- To encourage creativity and self-expression, to develop the ability to deal with problems in original ways, to learn tolerance to new ideas and different perspectives.
- To develop the ability to think clearly, using problem-solving skills, application of principles of logic, and different modes of inquiry.
- To develop the ability to use knowledge: critical and independent thinking that enables one to make judgments and decisions in all aspects of one’s life.
- To prepare students to understand and accept the challenges of living in a diverse, complex, and technological world.
- To deepen each member of the community’s sensitivity towards all cultures, and toward the environment.
- To promote physical fitness and encourage habits which build and maintain good health.
- To provide a wide range of spiritual, academic, cultural, social, and athletic opportunities for students.